David Hernandez Candidate for Mayor
Connecting the dots-yes that guy, he's the one running for Mayor.
February 2009- Campaign Trail
Wow, there is an election in less than 35 days!
As you can see the media has begun to move the March 3rd election closer to center stage. As a result our grassroots efforts are beginning to connect the dots as to just who this David Hernandez is and what he has been up to in the Community.
So first let�s do a brief recap.
1. Leading the fight to save Public Access Cable Broadcasting free of governmental control.
2. Campaigning against Prop B the attempt to give the Mayor the ability to tipple your DWP Rates.
3. Blowing the whistle on the failed and corrupt gang intervention programs and exposing the false gang crime stats.
4. Spending two years fighting the 42 million dollar elephant exhibit at the LA Zoo and supporting sending the elephants to PAWS Sanctuary.
5. Two years fighting for LA Residents against Prop R the council term limit extension/ethics reform.
6. Four years fighting to give the voters the right to vote on the Los Angeles County Seal.
7. Fighting for the rights of Black Americans and the loss of vital resources.
8. Fighting against the unconstitutional take over of LAUSD by the Mayor.
9. Serving as President of LA Mission College Foundation Board, giving out
$31,000 in scholarships in 2008.
10. Serving on the Board of Youth Services Network providing shelter, education and social services for abused boys.
11. Serving as President of Justiceville/Homeless
( USA ) Dome Village
12. Executive Director of the
Chamber of Commerce. San Fernando
For your viewing pleasure, here is segment of the Candidates Forum hosted by the Sherman Oaks Homeowners Association and attached an article appearing in the Opinion Section of todays Los Angeles Times.
More events are coming in daily. As you can see, I am doing my part. Now I must ask for you to do yours. Our message is clear and well received but we must have the resources to get it to a broader section of the community.
If you can contribute to our campaign, now is the time to do so. Please go to www.dave4la.com and make your contribution on line or by mail.
2/1/092:PM Jesse Rosas CD#1 Candidate Mixer El Arco Iris 5684 York BlvdLA CA 90042.
2/2/0911:00AM Times Editorial Board, Los Angeles . Los Angeles
2/2/097:PM Westchester Neighbors Association Candidates Forum La Tijera United 7400 Osage, Methodist Church . Westchester CA 90045
2/4/097:30AM 790 KABC Radio in studio guest of Doug McIntyre
2/4/097:PM Hollywood Congress of Republicans, Acapulco Mexican Restaurant313 W.Olive Ave, Burbank 91505
2/5/091:30 PM KPCC 89.3 Radio Patt Morrison Show.
2/5/09United Chamber of Commerce Mega Mixer.
2/7/09 1:00-3:00PM Mayors Forum Holman United Methodist Church 3320 West Adams, Los Angeles, Ca 90018.
2/8/092:30 PM Rabbi Shifren Event 1520 So. Robertson Bl. LA CA 90035.
2/12/0912noon Birthday Bicentennial ( with Mickey Rooney) Lincoln , Los Angeles National Cemetery (Wilshire Bl & 405 Frwy) Westwood, CA
2/17/096:45 PM Leader-to-Leader African American Community Empowerment Think Tank Mayoral Forum. 11243 Glenoaks Bl Pacioma CA 91331.
2/17/096-700 UCLA Bruin Political Forum UCLA Bunche hall
2/25/09Time/ Location TBA UCLA Political Science Student Association, Mayoral Forum , Universityof California . Los Angeles
2/26/091:00PM The Shapiro Group , Claude Pepper Senior Center . Los Angeles
2/26/097:00PM USC Political Student Assembly Mayoral Forum.
Visit me at my Facebook Page and join my Friends Network,