Contact: Tony Bell, Communications Deputy
Office: (213) 974-5555 Cell: (213) 215-5176
November 10, 2009 For Immediate Release
ANTONOVICH AWARDS $2 MILLION IN GRANTS TO IMPROVE 15 FIFTH DISTRICT TRAILS
LOS ANGELES COUNTY – To expand, rehabilitate, and improve amenities at recreational trails throughout the Fifth Supervisorial District, Supervisor Michael D. Antonovich awarded $2 million for trail enhancements for 15 trails located in twelve cities from Claremont to Lancaster.
Each trail will receive grant funds of up to $150,000 through funds from the Safe Neighborhood Parks Propositions.
Project funds have been awarded to the following:
· City of Claremont for the Claremont Hills Wilderness Park Access Improvements Project
· City of Duarte for the Fish Canyon Falls Trail
· City of Glendale for the Catalina Verdugo Trail
· City of Glendora for the South Hills Wilderness Trail
· City of La Canada/Flintridge for the Cherry Canyon Trails Improvement Project
· City of Lancaster for the Armagosa Creek Pathway Trail
· City of Monrovia for the Monrovia Canyon Park Entrance Trail
· City of Palmdale for the Warnack Nature Park Trail
· City of Pasadena for the Annandale Canyon Trail Access and Improvements Project
· City of San Gabriel for the Vincent Lugo Park Trail
· City of Santa Clarita for the East Walker Ranch Trail System
· City of West Covina for the Cortez Park Trails Extension Project
· County Parks and Recreation for the La Crescenta Recreational Trail Link
· North East Trees for the South Pasadena Nature Park Trail Extension
· Los Angeles Conservation Corps for the Sycamore Canyon Trail Restoration Project.