Thursday, November 20, 2008

Reminder: Please Come Sign My Mayoral Petition Saturday at Campaign HQ

Reminder: Please Come Sign My Mayoral Petition Saturday at Campaign HQ
By Walter Moore, Candidate for Mayor of Los Angeles, WalterMooreForMayor.com
November 20, 2008

You're very busy. You work full-time, and the weekends are the only time you get a minute to yourself. I totally get that.

But if you are a registered voter who lives in the City of Los Angeles, please squeeze into your schedule a quick trip to Campaign HQ this Saturday to sign the petition to put my name on the ballot.

I need you to come to headquarters because the petition forms are numbered originals; they cannot be downloaded, e-mailed or faxed. And while I would be happy to bring the petition to your home for your signatures, that's just not practical in a city comprising 469 square miles. So I'm asking you to take an hour out of your weekend to help get my name on the ballot. That's not asking so much, is it? I mean, it's not like I want a kidney or anything.

Besides, we have really cool free t-shirts and hats, plus yard signs and bumper stickers. And I've been working on my handshake: it's not nearly as clammy and creepy as it used to be, and I hardly ever wear that novelty buzzer any more.

Here's the info:

Please come to Campaign Headquarters this Saturday, November 22, 2008, between 10:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. It's in the red brick building at 6535 Wilshire Boulevard, #204, Los Angeles, 90048. We're a couple of blocks east of the intersection of Wilshire and La Cienega. Please park on the street to avoid getting towed.

And, as an added bonus, you can sign not just my petition, but the petitions for our slate of candidates for City Attorney, City Controller, and City Council.

See you Saturday! Thanks in advance for your help. We can fix this City, but only if you take action. No one's going to ride to our rescue and bail us out. You and I are the rescue team.






No comments: