Thursday, November 6, 2008

Re: FW: Huesca for CD7- Call to action

I sent the following email to Guillermo (His email says David). Since I didn't hear from him in short order, I can only conclude that he doesn't want to address my questions.
===================================================
Hi David,

I am a former Van Nuys activist and community volunteer who moved to Arizona for my family's protection.

Your run for council was brought to my attention by one of my subscribers to my website who praised you.

Although I now live in Hereford AZ, I am still active through my California non-profit PRC (Political Recipient Committee) with over 10,000 subscribers nationally (over 2,000 in L.A. - many in District 7) who get my email news alerts. My PRC is officially based in Van Nuys, but I run it from my satellite office in Sierra Vista, AZ.

My activism started in 1993 at which time Richard Alarcon was then on the city council. At the time, I went down to city hall to protest Alarcon's proposal to legalize street vending for illegal street vendors (most are illegal aliens) in L.A. with unsecured loans with tax payer money. Fortunately, an outcry by legitimate business owners squelched Alarcon's absurd proposal.

When Alarcon and most of the rest of the council members seemed to regard the wants of a large number of noisy illegal vendors present at that council meeting more than the complaints of citizens, I became so angry, that I have since devoted my energy to fighting for the community against corrupt politicians including those in the council. In 2001, I even sued Chief of Police Bernard Parks in small claims court.

Your position on the issues (health care, public safety, business & job training, traffic) on your website are in terms of platitudes, but there is nothing on how you will accomplish those goals.

In my opinion, Alarcon definitely needs replacing -- but with someone who will represent middle class citizens. I would like to help your campaign or oppose it depending on your answers to the following questions.

Will you advocate to enforce the law against illegal street vending? How?

Do you support or oppose Special Order 40?
Other Links on this: Zine, Original, FAQ, Opinion, Opinion

Do you oppose or support Matricula Consular IDs and/or Drivers Licenses for illegal aliens?
Other Links on this: Matriculas, Villaraigosa

Would you advocate to restore lawful voter eligibility for Neighborhood Council voters to the original intent of the city charter that they be U.S. citizens?

Do you support Jamiels Law?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Respectfully,

Hal Netkin

===================================================
At 10:00 PM 11/5/2008, M5453MCG@aol.com wrote:
Got it David, Thx.
 
Does Mr. Huesca support Walter Moore for Mayor do you know David. I certainly hope that he does.
 
Michael McGuire
CD-14
 
In a message dated 11/2/2008 10:04:44 P.M. Pacific Standard Time, joseaguilarcd14@hotmail.com writes:



From: drhassoc@earthlink.net
Subject: Huesca for CD7- Call to action
Date: Sun, 2 Nov 2008 10:34:21 -0800

Greetings Friends and Supporters

 

With the November election just days away; I know your attention and priority is focused on Tuesday. But timing is vital and the effort to secure real representation on the Los Angeles City Council in District 7 begins tomorrow.

 

The one week signature period begins Monday November 3rd and ends November 10th.  We must collect 500 valid signatures from registered voters in the district. Our target is 700 to insure a place on the ballot.

 

The number one race for council will be in the north east San Fernando Valley in Council District 7. This includes the communities of Van Nuys, Panorama City, North Hills, Mission Hills, Sylmar, Pacoima and Lake View Terrace.

 

Guillermo Huesca is our candidate and the time to act is now.  He is challenging Richard Alarcon and it will be a hard but successful fight to the finish.

 

You must reside in the district to sign the petition but you do not have to reside in the district to gather signatures.

 

We want to have as many signature signing locations in the district as possible so we and you can send voters there to sign.

 

Our needs are the following:

 

1.  Volunteers to circulate and or staff the signing locations.

 

2.  Signing locations.

 

3.  Volunteers to get the word out via e-mail and telephone calls to direct voters to those locations.

 

4.   Signature verification volunteers, to check voter roles to insure the count.

 

We will have a central location in the district and will post the signing locations on the web site at http://www.huesca4cd7.com/

 

If you can volunteer for any of the above, please contact me at drhassoc@earthlink.net or call me at 818 448 3403.

 

Let̢۪s get this accomplished by Saturday so we can celebrate on Saturday night!

 

David Hernandez

Huesca for City Council, Dist. 7

 

Pass this on to your e-mail groups to give them a heads up on next weeks call to action.

 

If you can not volunteer but would like to contribute to the campaign please send your contribution to Huesca for City Council. PO Box 8176, Van Nuys, Ca 91409-8176. Contributions are not tax deductible. Max contribution limit, $500.00 per person. ID # 1313027. Or contribute on line at http://www.huesca4cd7.com/

 

 

 
 



Stay organized with simple drag and drop from Windows Live Hotmail. Try it =

 




AOL Search: Your one stop for directions, recipes and all other Holiday needs. Search Now.

No comments: