FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
February 24, 2009 CONTACT: Marcia Ventura (562) 462-2726 or Eileen Shea (562) 462-2648
REOPENS VAN NUYS BRANCH OFFICE
Effective Wednesday, February 25, 2009, the Registrar-Recorder/County Clerk (RR/CC) will reopen the RR/CC Van Nuys Branch Office at its permanent location of 14340 W. Sylvan Street, Van Nuys, CA 91401. The Branch Office has been closed since June 2008 due to remodeling. A temporary site used during the remodeling at the Van Nuys Courthouse, 14400 Erwin Street Mall, 2nd floor, Van Nuys, CA closed on January 9, 2009.
Services to be provided at the Sylvan Street site will remain the same and includes:
- Accept Request and Process Full Copies of Birth, Death and Marriage Records
- Issue Marriage Licenses (same day service to 3:00 pm)
- Perform Marriage Ceremonies (Fridays Only, by Appointment)
- Record Real Property Documents
- Provide Certified Copies of Real Estate Records
- Notary Oaths (by appointment only)
- Fictitious Business Name Filings
- File Domestic Partnership Statements
- Voter Registration
- Issue Voter Abstracts
- Accept Passport Applicants (Tuesday through Thursday, 8:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m., by Appointment)
- Provide absentee ballot applications
Hours of operation for Vital Records are from 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., Mondays thru Fridays, except holidays. Hours of operation for Document Recording services are 8:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Further information about the services provided by the RR/CC at its Norwalk Headquarters or at any of the six Branch Office locations can by found on the
RR/CC website www.lavote.net.
Persons requiring multilingual assistance in Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Spanish, Tagalog/Filipino, or Vietnamese, regarding information in the press release, can call (800) 481-8683.
# # # #