CONTACT: Greg Waskul at (562) 401-8214 or Michael Wilson at (213) 240-8059
Rancho Hosts International Transformational Technology Summit Featuring World Research & Technology Leaders on Friday, Sept. 3
[Downey, CA] Rancho Los Amigos National Rehabilitation Center is bringing together world leaders in Rehabilitation Medicine and Advanced Technologies such as virtual reality and robotics to promote collaboration among research, industrial and clinical leaders in finding new solutions to improve clinical care for the fast-growing population of individuals with disabilities. Presenters will
be available for interviews throughout the day. The conference features presentations by:
• Simona Bar-Haim, PT, PhD from the Human Motion Analysis Laboratory in Israel, who will explain how Israel, Jordan and the Palistinian Territories are working together to pioneer new approaches to enhance motor learning
• Leigh Hochberg, MD from Harvard and Brown Universities and the Providence VA Medical Center on brain/computer interface technologies
• Frans Steenbring, PhD from Motek in Amsterdam, discussing how virtual reality technology can dramatically improve results for patients with neurological deficits
• Robotics leaders Hermano Igo Krebs, PhD from MIT, Maja Mataric, PhD from USC and Barbara Giesser, MD from UCLA on how robots are improving outcomes today and the outlook for the future of robots in medicine. Several industrial experts will also present.
• Leaders from the National Institutes of Health, National Institute on Disability and Rehabilitation Research, Department of Veterans Affairs and National Science Foundation, who will discuss rehabilitation research and healthcare priorities
Date: Friday, September 3, 2010
Time:q 8:00 a.m. to 4:45 p.m.
Location: Rancho Los Amigos National Rehabilitation Center
7601 E. Imperial Highway, Support Services Annex, Room 1150
Downey, CA 90242