COUNTY PUBLIC WORKS TO HOLD CONVERSION TECHNOLOGY WORKSHOP
The Los Angeles County Public Works Department will hold a Conversion Technology workshop on Thursday, September 23, 2010, from 8:30 A.M. – 12 P.M.. The workshop will provide cities, technology providers and trash operators with information regarding three County approved conversion technology demonstration projects that will turn non-recyclable waste into clean energy and encourage attendees to participate in future projects within L.A. County.
Conversion projects have the potential to reduce the amount of waste being sent to landfills, create local green jobs, and produce renewable energy. While conversion technologies have been successfully implemented in Japan, Europe and Canada, the County’s demonstration projects will be among the first of their kind in the United States.
* Editors Note: If you are interested in conversion technology and cannot attend, join us via our webinar. Information on how to join us is listed at the bottom of the advisory.
What: Workshop on the future of conversion technology
When: Thursday, September 23, 2010, 8:30 A.M. to 12:00 P.M.
Press Availability – 8:30 A.M. – 9:00 A.M.
Where: LA County Public Works Headquarters, 900 South Fremont Avenue, Alhambra
Conference Room A
Who: Don Knabe, Los Angeles County Supervisor, Fourth District County
Gail Farber, Director, Los Angeles County Department of Public Works
Margaret Clark, Vice Chair, Los Angeles County Integrated Waste Management Task Force
1. Go to: https://ladpw.webex.com/ladpw/j.php?ED=140377582&UID=1139903647&PW=NNTlmZTYyZTYy&RT=MiM0
2. If requested, enter your name and email address.
3. Meeting password is: CTech123
4. Click "Join".
5. Follow the instructions that appear on your screen.
To view in other time zones or languages, please click the link:
1. Go to:
2. On the left navigation bar, click "Support".
Media Contacts: Mike Kaspar, (626) 458-4088 or (949) 338-0646