Friday, October 17, 2008

Moore's Corps Recruiting Now

Moore's Corps Recruiting Now
By Walter Moore, Candidate for Mayor of Los Angeles, WalterMooreForMayor.com
October 17, 2008

If you haven't already volunteered for Moore's Corps, please do so now. Please click here to volunteer.

Here's why I ask:

Yesterday, I saw two more examples of the ongoing news blackout surrounding my campaign, both from a local newspaper.

One story discussed the upcoming mayoral election, yet did not bother to mention me, even though I'm the only person besides Villaraigosa who has raised enough money to qualify for matching funds.

The other story discussed Villaraigosa's overspending, and specifically mentioned a statistic that I calculated and published months ago, namely, how many dollars City Hall spends per hour -- about $800,000. Rather than attributing that statistic to me by name, however, the reporter said merely that it came from a "gadfly."

"Gadfly?" Really?

Clearly, we CANNOT rely on the local media to do its job -- at all. They will ignore me as long as they can. And when they do finally start covering me, you can bet they will be so biased and misleading that we will wistfully long for the good old days when they ignored me.

So what do we do about that? We go AROUND the media. We spread the word ourselves, through yard signs, bumper stickers, and dropping flyers on neighbors' doorsteps.

Towards that end, we need people willing to lend their time and real estate to the cause.

Next Saturday, for example, I'll be holding a meeting of the Moore's Corps volunteers at campaign headquarters, to set up "stations" around the city for other supporters to pick up yard signs and bumper stickers, and sign the petition to put my name on the ballot.

We will also need volunteers to return calls from computer-challenged supporters, and to mail those beautiful bumper stickers that seem to be popping up everywhere.

So if you'd like to contribute not just your valuable money, but also your valuable time, please sign up for the Moore's Corps today. Please click here to volunteer.


Thanks!

No comments: