On Oct 21, 2008, at 10:39 PM, Mayor Sam Yorty wrote:
I'm going to post a blurb about him running (though his people tell me he hasn't decided). Want to give me a quote?On Tue, Oct 21, 2008 at 10:16 PM, Walter Moore <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
I'd prefer a two-man race, but it would have several beneficial effects:=1. Debate.Villaraigosa would have an increased incentive to accept matching funds, which would force him to debate me, which is all I really need to win this election. Put me in a televised debate with those guys, and I'm the next Mayor.2. Free Negative Ads.Villaraigosa and Caruso would fund massive attack ads on one another, thereby doing much of my work for me, at no cost to my supporters.3. Divide And Conquer.Villaraigosa and Caruso both want to ruin L.A. by replacing houses with high-density beehive construction projects subsidized by taxpayers, in contrast to my wanting to preserve our historic low-density, low-rise architecture. Both, moreover, will continue aiding and abetting illegal aliens through Special Order 40 and other "sanctuary city" policies. I think it is therefore likely they will split the vote of people who support such policies, whereas I will be the clear alternative for people who agree with me on those issues. That means I would not have to get 50% plus one vote in the primary -- though I fully expect to. Rather, I could make it into a run-off with as little as 33.33% plus one vote, with the other two splitting the remaining 66.66% minus one vote.On Oct 21, 2008, at 9:59 PM, Mayor Sam Yorty wrote:What do you think about Caruso running?On Tue, Oct 21, 2008 at 9:35 PM, Walter Moore <email@example.com> wrote:
Jamiel's Law Hearing and Signatures
By Walter Moore, Candidate for Mayor of Los Angeles, WalterMooreForMayor.com
October 19, 2008
According to Kevin James himself, the City Council's Public Safety Committee will hold a hearing on Zine's watered-down version of Jamiel's Law at 9:00 a.m. on Monday, October 27, 2008, in Room 1010 of City Hall, 200 North Spring Street, Los Angeles 90012. The Shaws plan to attend, and so do I. I know it's a work day, but I hope you can squeeze this one in.
Speaking of Jamiel's Law, do NOT throw away those signatures. Strictly speaking, there is no deadline to collect the necessary signatures. Rather, we can file the petitions when we have collected 74,000 in the previous 120 days. Only signatures older than 120 days expire. The rest are still good.
Speaking of signatures, beginning on November 7, 2008, I'd like to get your autograph on the petition to put my name on the ballot for the election on March 3, 2008. Happily, we only need 1,000 signatures for that. We plan to have locations around town where you can sign and pick up yard signs, bumper stickers, buttons and other materials to spread the word.
In the meantime, let's show City Council and the Shaw family that we haven't forgotten, and we won't stop fighting until we win.
See you Monday.