Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Jamiel's Law: Protest Thursday 8/7 from 9:30-10:30 a.m. at Jack Weiss's Office

Jamiel's Law: Protest Thursday 8/7 From 9:30-10:30 a.m. At Jack Weiss's Office
By Walter Moore, Candidate for Mayor of Los Angeles, WalterMooreForMayor.com

Please come protest Thursday morning if you can.

Doug McIntyre of KABC 790 just announced that on Thursday, August 7, from 9:30 to 10:30 a.m., he will lead a protest with the Shaw Family and the Bologna Family at the West Side office of Council Member Jack Weiss, located at 822 S. Robertson Boulevard, Suite 102, 90035. Doug will broadcast live from the rally.

As you may know, City Council Member Jack Weiss has refused to send even Council Member Dennis Zine's watered-down, toothless version of Jamiel's Law out of his committee to the full City Council for a vote. We want that vote so Council Members will have to go on the record as officially voting for or against Zine's proposal.

I myself have a court hearing tomorrow morning, so I'm not sure if I'll be there in time or not. But I will if I can, and I hope you will, too.

Doug and his station are flying Danielle Bologna down from San Francisco, and the Shaws will be there, too. Let's show them we care.

Thank you






No comments: